|Sigi Koizar (34) received 589 votes in the fan vote for girls top player in the high school basketball tourney. Photo by Mark Jandreau|
Koizar finished with 589 votes in the girls poll. Koizar helped Stearns finish with a 18-3 record including a 9-0 record at home. Stearns lost to Central in the Eastern Maine final.
Marissa Shaw also finished with over 500 votes. Shaw led Nokomis to a 20-1 record. She was a standout field hockey and basketball player for the last four years at Nokomis. Shaw will be attending the University of Maine on a field hockey scholarship.
Max McHugh of Central finished with 252 votes. McHugh helped the Red Devils with the class C state championship. Her defense in the semi-finals, Eastern Maine final and state championship game was a key in the Central tourney run.
Bouchard finished with 44 percent of the boys vote. The freshman was one of the main pieces in Houlton's run to the class C Eastern Maine final.
Garet Beal of Jonesport-Beals finished with 256 votes. Beal led the Royals to the class D state championship. Christian McCue of Hampden finished third while D.J. Johnson of Lee finished fourth.
1. Sigi Koizar- Stearns- 589 - 37%
2. Marissa Shaw- Nokomis- 506- 31%
3. Max McHugh- Central- 252- 15%
4. MacKenzie Worcester- Washburn- 109- 6%
5. Hannah Graham- Presque Isle- 42- 2%
6. Mia Diplock- Cony- 40- 2%
7. Parise Rossignol- Van Buren- 22- 1%
8. Chandler Guerrette- Presque Isle- 19- 1%
9. Kory Norcross- Edward Little- 5
1. Kyle Bouchard- Houlton- 367- 44%
2. Garet Beal- Jonesport-Beals- 256- 30%
3. Christian McCue- Hampden- 53- 6%
4. D.J. Johnson- Lee- 47- 5%
5. Jake Palmer- Gardiner- 39- 4%
6. Sam Grindle- Deer Isle-Stonington- 34- 4%
7. Jason Burke- MDI- 19- 2%
8. Cam Sennick- Mt. Blue- 13- 1%